Solid wood flooring is a beautiful product and well suited to any home, however, if you're looking for a more affordable alternative that has the same beautiful aesthetic, you may be interested in real wood top layer flooring. Engineered wood flooring has many of the stunning benefits of solid wood but without the high-cost solid wood is often associated with. To see our full range of engineered wood you can click here or to learn more about it, keep reading.
What is real wood top layer flooring?
Real wood top flooring is also known as engineered flooring. It's cleverly made by combining layers of wood materials (such as plywood) to create a cushion for a real wood top layer. This sheet of real solid wood gives the flooring the same beautiful appearance as solid wood flooring, with the layers beneath it giving it its strength and resilience. The layers are then bonded together and coated with a durable seal which offers it extra protection against scratches and stains.
All of Floormaker's real wood top flooring is made of the highest-quality materials making it practical as well as beautiful.
What are the benefits of real wood top layer flooring?
- Almost identical to beautiful solid wood flooring and comes in the same designs.
- More affordable than solid wood flooring
- It can be restored in a similar way to solid wood by sanding the top layer (lightly).
- Very easy to install, many of our engineered boards don't require any adhesives.
What are the cons of real wood top layer flooring?
- Although it can be restored in the same way as solid flooring, it can only be done a few times as the real wood layer is much thinner.
- Similarly to solid wood, it's not recommended for use in bathrooms or other humid rooms without the proper underlay materials.
If you have any questions about our engineered flooring or about any of the other products we supply do not hesitate to get in touch. Our friendly team is more than happy to help, so contact us today.