If you want to add some traditional beauty to your home, Floormaker’s parquet effect flooring
products are the perfect solution. These gorgeous wood / wood-effect floors are available in a range of different colours and styles, allowing you to match your existing decor or create a spectacular new interior design from the floor up.
Like all of the products we supply, our parquet flooring is exceptionally sturdy and resilient. If you buy a parquet effect flooring from our website, you can rest assured that it will stay beautiful for years – and with minimal maintenance!
Read more about parquet flooring >
Traditionally, parquet flooring is made of a number of solid wood blocks arranged into a pattern (e.g. herringbone, basket weave). Real parquet wood flooring is expensive and difficult to lay perfectly, but modern laminate/engineered flooring products make it easy to recreate the look of traditional parquet flooring for a fraction of the cost.
Here at Floormaker, we stock a variety of low-maintenance parquet effect flooring
products that are affordable and easy to install (but no less beautiful for it!).
Here are a few reasons why we recommend purchasing laminate or engineered parquet effect flooring instead of solid wood blocks:
Advantages of parquet effect flooring:
- Less expensive than real wood
- Easier to lay
- Requires less maintenances
Laying parquet flooring
Since all of the floors on this page are from our Laminate and Engineered ranges, they are exceptionally easy to lay – especially when compared to traditional parquet flooring, which took a lot of time and hard work to get right.
How to install a laminate parquet effect floor
Floormaker’s express laminate flooring is installed as follows:
- Before opening your flooring packs, leave them in the room for at least 72 hours to allow them to acclimatise.
- Make sure your subfloor is dry, flat, clean and level.
- Place your underlay (we recommend high-performance underlay with DPM)
- Open the flooring packs and mix the planks up to create a natural-looking variety of shades. You should also check the boards for damage before you proceed.
- Start laying your boards, using the tongue-and-grooved design to ‘snap’ them together (no glue/adhesive required). Make sure you leave a 12mm gap around ALL edges of the parquet effect flooring to account for the natural expansion of the boards.
- When you reach the end of a row, cut the final plank to size and use the offcut piece to start the next row.
For a more detailed guide to laying a laminate parquet floor, see How to Install Express Laminate Flooring
How to install an engineered parquet floor
Since Floormaker’s engineered wood floors use a glueless loc system, our engineered parquet floors are installed in much the same way as our laminate floors. Use the steps listed above, and remember to:
- Give the boards time to acclimatise to their new home
- Prepare the subfloor properly
- Leave a 12mm expansion gap around the floor’s edges
- ‘Stagger’ the boards by using the offcut from each completed row to start the next row
All of our flooring products come with clear, easy-to-follow installation instructions. If you need any help, feel free to give us a call on 02920 344 358.
Cleaning, care and maintenance
Whereas solid wood parquet flooring often requires a lot of time-consuming maintenance, Floormaker’s parquet effect flooring is exceptionally easy to look after. Here are some tips to help ensure that your floor stays beautiful for years to come:
- Vacuum/sweep your floor regularly to keep dust and debris from building up.
- You should also mop your floor every so often to make sure it stays sparkling clean.
- Place door mats at your home’s entrances to minimise the amount of outdoor dirt/debris that finds its way onto your floor.
- Any spills/messes should be wiped away immediately to prevent staining.
- Consider adding felt pads to the feet of any furniture that comes into contact with your parquet floor.
- Ask guests to remove their shoes (especially high heels!) before walking on your floor. If you have pets, be sure to keep their nails trimmed to protect your floor from scratches.
Where can parquet flooring be installed?
Our parquet effect flooring can be installed in the following areas:
- Living room
- Commercial spaces
We do not recommend laying our parquet flooring in the bathroom or any other area with high moisture and/or humidity. Doing so may cause the boards to become degraded over time as they expand and contract in response to temperature changes.
Floormaker’s parquet-effect flooring products are suitable for use with underfloor heating.
If you have any questions about Floormaker’s parquet flooring products or how to install them in your home, feel free to contact our customer services team.